This assignment is due on 3/23/22. This assignment should be on time. The uploaded document is posted below. Please read and follow the instructions.
Teachers are cognizant of how students grow and develop. They recognize that patterns of learning and development vary individually within and across the cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and physical areas. Therefore, teachers need to be able to design and implement developmentally appropriate and challenging learning experiences that are flexible to address these differences. Teachers regularly assess individual and group performance to design and adjust instruction to meet students needs in each area of development (cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and physical) and scaffold instruction of their next level of development.
Allocate at least 3 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Part 1: Small Group Literacy Skills Lesson Plan
With a certified special education teacher in an early childhood elementary (Grades K-3) inclusive setting, identify a small group of students who would benefit from a lesson plan reinforcing a literacy skill previously taught to them. Use the prompts below to help guide a discussion with the mentor teacher about each students development.
1. What criteria does the mentor teacher use to assess the students literacy skill development and abilities?
2. How does the mentor teacher assess individual and group progress?
3. How does the mentor teacher modify instruction to meet student needs?
4. What are examples of developmentally-appropriate learning experiences the mentor teacher has used to develop students literacy skills?
5. Collaborate with the mentor teacher to design a complete standard- based lesson that meets the needs of the identified students, using the COE Lesson Plan Template. (Note: The literacy skills lesson will be implemented as part of Clinical Field Experience B.)
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Part 2: Rationale
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your discussion with your mentor teacher, as well as your observations of and participation in the classroom. Discuss the small group literacy skills lesson plan you and your mentor developed, as well as the needs of the students for whom you designed the lesson. Be sure to explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.