- Mann, R. (2019). Building strategic organizations: The first five tools of strategy and strategic planning. Nashville: ClarionStrategy.
Wk2: Article Review
Each week students should review one article related to business strategy. The article can cover business strategy in fields like Finance, IT, HR, Accounting, etc.
Articles can be found in Business Source Complete or ProQuest Central.
The article text itself must be 1) at least 1,000 words (excluding title, bios, and any other related material), 2) peer-reviewed, and 3) published within the last five years. If you have any questions about using a particular article, please reach out to your professor. Article Review Instructions: In 500-800 words (including title and references) review the article as follows:
- First half – review of article contents, concepts, insights, and how it relates to business strategy
- Second half – application to your world
- Use at least one QCR (quotation, citation, reference) from the article itself
- Use at least one QCR from another source (can be a peer-review article or something from HBR, Fortune, Economist, or Wall Street Journal).
- Therefore, your references at the end of your article should have at least two entries.
- Title your review LastName_FirstInitialWk1AR
Students will write a 1,000 to 1,500-word strategic plan addressing the five headings below. As explained in the assignment details video, students can do this for an organization or department or for themselves personally. Mission, Vision, Values, and Value Proposition(s)
- Value Proposition(s)
- One strategic theme
- Description of the theme
- 3-5 objectives
- 1-2 measures for each objective
- 1-2 initiatives for each measure
The paper should include 3-5 quotations/paraphrases, citations, and references from these three sources:
- One from your course textbooks
- One from Business Source Complete
- One from HBR, Economist, Fortune, or Wall Street Journal