Use the table to answer the 11 questions below. Be sure to explain each answer
thoroughly. In other words, do no include a numerical answer without explaining how
you arrived at the solution.
Fasting Blood Sugar Values Table
Alpha FBS Group Beta FBS Group
Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. What is the mean fasting blood sugar value for each group?
2. What is the median fasting blood sugar value for each group?
3. What is the mode fasting blood sugar value for each group?
4. What is the range of fasting blood sugar values for the Alpha
5. What is the range of fasting blood sugar values for the Beta
6. How stable is the range as a measure of variability? Why?
7. What statistical value represents the 50thpercentile?
8. The standard deviation (SD) for the Alpha FBS Group = 64.75.
What do these values say about how the data vary around the
mean for each group? Vary between groups? (See Standard
Deviation text and Table 13-8 for help).
9. The standard deviation (SD) for Beta FBS Group = 193.25.
10. If you had each patients fasting blood sugar value and age, what
procedure will you use to make comparisons among unlike data?
11. If the data sets approximated a normal distribution, then what
percentage of patients fasting blood sugar values would fall within
two SDs of the mean?