Discussion Board posts should be at minimum 250 words. You are expected to conduct independent research on the subject and use two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook. Provide in-text citations and list of references to support your post as required. Use APA writing format.
*** ENSURE YOU ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS***
Evaluate the necessity for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the three aims of access, cost, and quality in the US healthcare system. (CLOs 1. 3. 8) (20 Points)
The United States’ health care delivery system has a triad of aims related to access, cost, and quality. Evaluate the extent to which the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has achieved the primary aims of enabling its population–approximately 320 million people–to receive health services when needed, while simultaneously containing costs and assuring that health services meet standards of quality.
To prepare for this discussion, please reflect on the learning resources and the media below, as well as your personal and/or professional experiences you have had with health care delivery in the United States and answer the questions that follows:
· US healthcare Delivery System – HTML
· As you form your ideas, consider:
· How has the provisions of ACA changed the U.S. health care delivery and access to care? Be specific about the provision(s) that you are discussing – explain the provision(s) and the effects.
· In your discussion, address why is it that despite public and private health insurance programs, some U.S. residents are without health care coverage?
· What are some of the effects of not having health insurance on personal and national levels?
· Identify possible approaches to improve population health and address health inequities.